49-802505 THROTLE CABLE
THROTTLE CABLE - TWIST-LOOK - 5.5 FT
Please Note: Actual item may differ in appearance from picture.
Installation: When installing new throttle or choke cables it may be necessary to trim length off to ensure a good fit.
1) Remove old cable.
2) Pull inner cable out of guide sleeve of both the old and new cable.
3) Lay both inner cables side by side and trim new cable using heavy duty wire cutters/dikes to approximate length of the old. (Tip: Leave a little extra length on new cable to account for error and make installation easier. You can trim off the excess after installation.)
4) Lay both outer sleeves side by side and line up where the threads bottom out on the front panel. This is important because not all cable assemblies have the same length of thread. Cut using a hack saw or similar, do not use wire cutters as this will compress and deform the end and not allow the inner cable to slide freely.
5) Insert cut cable back into outer sleeve, feed assembly through front panel, attach mounting nut and lock washer, and complete installation on throttle body.
6) It will be necessary to make opposing bends (S bend) on cable to keep in place. Refer to the bend on the old cable.